One of our crafty readers, Niah, has shared some photos and the instructions to make a really cute no-sew purse for your dolls.
These purses sling over a dolls shoulder like a normal purse-but for 18 inch dolls. They have flaps and attach themselves.
What you need:
- To make one you need some fabric (the thicker the better)
- a hot glue gun (please have adult supervision when using)
- buttons (optional)
How to make the no sew purse:
- First you cut the fabric into a square 4 inches by 3 inches.
- Next you heat up the glue gun. Once it’s hot enough, fold the fabric evenly and glue the edges.
- Now you should have something that’s got an opening at the top.
- If you want a flap cut a triangle that is as wide as the purse. Glue this onto the back of the purse. Glue small squares of velcro to the top op the flap, and under it where it hooks.
- For the strap, cut enough ribbon that would sling over your doll’s shoulder.
- Glue this onto the purse and you can add decals or other decorations – use your creativity.
Niah also made a pillow and a pillow case for her dolls using the same no-sew method:
Thanks again Niah! What have you made for your dolls? If you want your doll craft featured here, include a photo or two, a list of materials and your how-to on getting it finished and then email them to firstname.lastname@example.org